The Helmsley and Pickering Town Blogs were both launched in Spring 2012 and follow the model of the Kirkbymoorside Town Blog which is two years older. It was the success of the Kirkby site that inspired the development of these.
Of course not living in Helmsley makes it more difficult to keep it as as up to date as the Kirkby site but by keeping an eye out, on and offline, articles for posting arise. Also as the sites become better known readers send in ideas and press releases which are always very welcome.
Ideally I would like to have Helmsley based authors willing to write postings for the blog directly on to the site. It’s very easy to do and full training will be given (about half an hour is all that is needed) and support are always on hand. If you feel you would like to have a go at some citizen journalism or simply writing (or filming or taking photos) about your favourite subject(s) then please do get in touch via the Contact Us link at the top of this page.
There’s so much going on!
Helmsley has an amazing range of individuals – artists, musicians, community workers, volunteers, entrepreneurs, environmentalists, historians, sports enthusiasts and more – all of whom contribute to make the town a really vibrant and fascinating place to live. This blog therefore has one simple aim – to reflect life in Helmsley in all its diversity.
Please feel free to comment on any of the blog entries and send me details of any stories or events you wish to be included.
The material contained on this blog represents the personal views of the individual authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the editor or any organisation that any author is affiliated with or with the views of any other author whom might post on this blog.
Site policy – do’s and don’ts
1) You may place comments and messages of support.
2) Comments may be moderated before they are made visible.
3) Comments will not be edited.
4) Obscene, libellous, and unhelpful comments and spam will be deleted.
5) We may link to relevant sites but aren’t responsible for their opinions, content and services or for purchases from advertisers.
6) We’ll respond to emails/comments as quickly as practicably possible.
7) Statements in this blog do not represent any guarantees or override existing product and service warranties, manuals or user agreements.
8) You may not use the comments section for commercial purposes unless they are in response to something stated in the blog or to clarify a matter of genuine interest to the reader.
9) Users provide personal/contact information of their own volition.
10) We reserve the right to change/delete content/withdraw site at any time.
11) For comments recommending visits to commercial establishments, we will not accept “anonymous” messages as these will dilute the editorial credibility of the site.
The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and anyone wishing to comment.
In the interests of transparency Google’s AdSense advertising service, which attempts to match appropriate advertising with the site’s content, can be found on the blog. Affiliate and local advertising also feature. Any revenue gained helps to offset the costs of running the site. The blog is not responsible for the content of these advertisements.